The Application Time-to-Market Challenge
Efficiently rolling out new applications and new application features is critical to business success for today’s enterprise. Organizations require the ability to improve the speed and quality of application rollouts by quickly identifying issues in the development and release management process. When optimized, the application development and release process can be a key source of competitive advantage.
Leveraging machine data is a critical component of optimizing the application development and release process. Machine data holds the answers to the quality and reliability of a new release as well as the number of issues needing resolution. This data, when properly analyzed, enables significant reduction in the time required to bring applications to market.
However, with the explosive growth in the volume, variety, and velocity of machine data, organizations today cannot keep up with the data deluge and are therefore unable to transform their data into insights. In order to effectively leverage machine data, organizations need a solution that is capable scaling to handle the volume of data generated and robust enough to transform that data into insights.
When optimized, the application development and release process can be a key source of competitive advantage.
Sumo Logic enables enterprises to accelerate application time-to-market through the following features:
- Search and analytics engine that identifies and aggregates insights in real time
- Anomaly Detection and LogReduce® machine learning analytics for real-time detection of events
- Out-of-the-box support for complex, multi-line log formats including Apache, IIS, Ruby on Rails, nginx, JSON, PHP, JBOSS, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, XML, Oracle, MySQL, and more
Examples of customer success using Sumo Logic to accelerate application time-to-market include:
- Intacct: Achieved 4x improvement in number of errors caught early in the development process and not released to production
- Atchik: Saved 2-3 months of development time on a single project
- E-commerce client: Reduced application release cycle times by over 20%
Accelerating Application Time-to-Market with Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic helps enterprises accelerate application time-to-market by offering a single tool and view across development, test, and deployment environments. Organizations using Sumo Logic are able to implement a consistent application release process resulting in on-time delivery. Through rapid application rollouts, consistent application quality and performance, and rapid resolution of application issues, these organizations are able to shorten time to revenue and contribute to business growth.
The Sumo Logic Advantage
To solve the real-time customer insights challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation machine data analytics platform, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data.
Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:
Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is the first and only petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premises solutions fail.
Through patent-pending LogReduce® and Anomaly Detection technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors, patterns and events hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.